ATBFP Logo

ATBFP Logo

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year - It's 1/1/11

"We will open the book.  Its pages are blank.  We are going to put words on them ourselves.  The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day"  -- Edith Lovejoy Pierce, an American poet

I found this quote yesterday while serfing the net and it spoke to  me.  I am a book lover -- so much of my disposable income over the years has gone to purchasing books of all kinds -- and I keep several blank journals that I write in when the mood strikes me.  I suppose this blog is yet another journal for me to do the same. 

I am excited about the New Year.  I am already happy with how it all started - a kiss by my devoted husband after waking me up at 11:58 pm.  We watched the count down for the ball drop at TIme's Square on the tv with my parents.  After a good night's rest, I am ready to face the new day with excitement and attentiveness. 

No real plans for the day other than helping my Mom in the kitchen.  Getting ready to make cinnamon rolls from thawed bread dough and later preparing our traditional dinner of pork, sauerkrat and mashed potatoes. 

What words will you write for the first chapter of the New Year?

Hugs,

1 comment:

  1. Love the new blog and especially the name! Looking forward to your posts. Happy 2011

    ReplyDelete